Math & Stats Programs at McMaster
McMaster offers a variety of honours degrees in Mathematics and Statistics. These include a core program which allows the student the flexibility to pursue interests in other areas; specializations in Mathematics, Actuarial and Financial Mathematics and Statistics, which encourage the student to create a more focussed program of study; and several joint honours and co-op programs.
Entry to any of these programs is either through the Level 1 Mathematics and Statistics, or through any other Level 1 program at the university, provided the student has completed Math 1A03, 1AA3 and 1B03 (with high enough grades). Students who are planning to continue in Math & Stats should enrol in Level 1 Math & Stats as this gives them the dual advantages of courses Math 1X03, 1XX3 and 1C03 targeted to Math & Stats students and complete flexibility in their choice of other courses.
Admission to level 2 or above of the Actuarial and Financial math program requires completion of a supplementary application. Details of the supplementary application (for admission to level 2 or above of the program for September 2020) will be available here in January 2020.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Honours Actuarial and Financial Mathematics (B.Sc.)
- Honours Actuarial and Financial Mathematics Co-op (B.Sc.)
- Honours Mathematics and Computer Science (B.Sc.)
- Honours Mathematics and Physics (B.Sc.)
- Honours Mathematics and Statistics (B.Sc.)
- Honours Mathematics and Statistics - Mathematics Sub-Plan (B.Sc.)
- Honours Mathematics and Statistics - Mathematics Sub-Plan Co-op (B.Sc.)
- Honours Mathematics and Statistics - Statistics Sub-Plan (B.Sc.)
- Honours Mathematics and Statistics - Statistics Sub-Plan Co-op (B.Sc.)
- Honours Mathematics and Statistics Co-op (B.Sc.)
The Honours Intergrated Science Program offers a concentration in Mathematics and Statistics
The following program is offered by the School of Arts and Science
The following program is offered by the Faculty of Social Sciences
The following programs are offered by the Faculty of Humanities