Admission to level 2 or above of the Actuarial and Financial Mathematics (AFM) program in the department of Mathematics & Statistics at McMaster University, requires completion of a supplemental application. The main intended effects of this supplemental application are:
- Setting a level of required communication and professional development skills for entry to the program.
- Identifying the importance of these skills to the students.
- Creating an opportunity to engage with students about their development.
For reference purposes only, last year’s supplemental application questions were:
- Why are you more interested in the Actuarial and Financial Mathematics program than other mathematics or statistics programs at McMaster?
- What are some of the key professional skills that you hope to learn and/or develop during your time as an undergraduate at McMaster? How do you hope to develop them?
- Choose a mathematical theorem or formula and explain what it is about in a way that someone with little mathematical knowledge could understand.
There are separate supplementary applications for students currently in Level 1 (entering level 2 in September) and for those in upper years, please select and submit the correct supplementary application as well as a program selection in MOSAIC. Supplementary applications will open on April 3 and close on May 8.
Supplementary application for students currently in Level 1, entering Level 2 of the AFM program in September click here
Supplementary appliation for upper levels (currently in level 2 or above ) click here