McMaster’s 2016 Putnam team finished 68th in this year’s William Lowell Putnam competition; 415 teams competed. This is the second best performance by McMaster of all-time. The team consisted of Matthew Jordan, Kyle MacDonald and Sang Woo Park. Sang Woo Park in particular did very well finishing 300th out of 4200 participants which is the highest placement by someone from McMaster in recent memory. Full results for the contest can be found at http://kskedlaya.org/putnam-archive/putnam2016results.html
Dr N. Balakrishnan has been appointed Extraordinary Professor at University of Pretoria, South Africa.
Dr Walter Craig was appointed as Distinguished University Professor, the highest honour an academic can receive from McMaster University, at the Faculty of Science Convocation Ceremony on June 16th, 2016.
Dr Alex Rosa, Emeritus Faculty, was awarded the 2012 Euler Medal just this year. The Euler Medal is given by the Institute of Combinatorics and Applications in recognition of distinguished lifetime career contributions to combinatorial research.
Congratulations to Sylvie Bronsard for her award-winning poster presentation at the 2016 Winter CMS meeting in Niagara Falls. Sylvie is a 4th year student in Math & Physics, and her poster Searching for an integrable semidiscretization of the DNLS, which presented the results of a USRA research project supervised by Dmitry Pelinovsky, won the CMS Student Committee Award.
Congratulations to Ph.D. student Michael Gallaugher who has won a prestigious Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
More Articles ...
- Statistical Society of Canada - Best Poster Prize
- McMaster Shines in 75th Putnam Competition
- Passing of James Stewart - Professor Emeritus of Mathematics
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad
- CAIMS 2014 Cecil Graham Doctoral Dissertation Award
- Passing of Professor Emeritus Norman Lane
- The Governor General's Academic Medal
- MSU Teaching Assistant Merit Award