**NEW** Undergraduate Students NSERC USRA Summer 2019, applications due February 15, 2019.
Dr Lia Bronsard and Dr Miroslav Lovric named in Inaugural Class of Fellows of the Canadian Mathematics Society
Congratulations to Dr Lia Bronsard and Dr Miroslav Lovric who have been recognized by the Canadian Mathematics Society in the Inaugural Class of Fellows.
The Fellows Program was instituted to recognize mathematicians who have made very significant contributions to the profession and to the Canadian Mathematical Society. The Fellowship recognizes CMS members who have made excellent contributions to mathematical research, teaching, or exposition; as well as having distinguished themselves in serve to Canada’s mathematical community.
Induction to the Inaugural Class of Fellows was based upon CMS members who have been a recipient of a CMS prize or award for outstanding contributions for research, education, exposition or service to the Canadian mathematical community or to the CMS. The CMS Fellows Selection Committee will be responsible for the approval of future CMS Fellows.
Congratulations to Dr N Balakrishnan who has been awarded a 2018 President's Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision.
Putnam Competition - first organizational meeting will be Sept.14 at 10:30 in HH/312
Congratulations to Vanessa Bierling who was awarded the Governor General's Academic Medal at convocation on June 14, 2018. Vanessa graduated from the Mathematics and Statistics Co-op program.
More Articles ...
- Dr Megumi Harada recipient of the 2018 Krieger-Nelson Prize
- Students named MacDATA fellows
- Dr N Balakrishnan receives Honorary doctorate degree
- Combinatorial Algebra meets Algebraic Combinatorics - Annual Meeting
- Paul McNicholas elected to College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists
- Putnam Competition
- Paul McNicholas named University Scholar
- Statistician, Data Scientist, Mathematician, and Actuary all placed in the top 11 careers
- Chai Molina wins CAIMS Cecil Graham Doctoral Dissertation Award
- Putnam Competition Results