Guidelines for Prospective Graduate Students from Outside of Canada or the US
- From CHINA: require a 4-year BSc degree, with an average over 4 years in the major subject of 85%.
- From INDIA, UK and other British systems: require an Upper 2nd class degree.
- From KOREA: require an MSc, with an 85 % cumulative average.
- From ROMANIA: require a 7.5/10.0 average in the major subject over the 4 years in the BSc.
- IN GENERAL: A first-class degree or an average grade of 85% in every year of study will be the minimum requirement for admission.
Because we expect students to have completed a four-year Bachelor's degree, students coming from countries where the Bachelor's program is three years must complete a Master's degree in Mathematics or Statistics before entering the M.Sc. programme at McMaster.
All prospective Masters and PhD students whose first language is not English must satisfy one of the following:
- Score at least 92 on the iBT TOEFL
- Score at least 580 on the TOEFL
- Score at least 237 on the computerized TOEFL
- Score at least 6.5 on IELTS with a score of 5.5 in each section of the Academic Test
- Score at least 90 on the MELAB test
- Show equivalent competence in English
- Graduate from a university where English is the language of instruction and this is clearly stated on your transcripts
Applicants are encouraged to use good English in all correspondence concerning their application and in any written material submitted with the application.