Application Procedure for Graduate Studies in the Department of Mathematics & Statistics 2017
APPLICATION FOR SEPTEMBER 2018 OPENS November 1, 2017
READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- Online application for admission. Please make sure that you fill out your name correctly. If you get an admission to McMaster University, we will register you under the name that appears on your application form. Your name should be consistent with your passport, birth certificate, social insurance number etc. unless your personal situation changes. Make sure you are applying to the correct academic program.
Program Description MSc Math Thesis Mathematics - MSc (Thesis) MSc Math Project Mathematics - MSc (Course Research Project) M-Phimac **NEW*** Master in Financial Mathematics MSc Stats Statistics - MSc (Thesis) (If you wish to be considered for the coursework option please indicate this in your stratement of interest) PhD Math Mathematics - PhD
- We require two confidential letters of recommendation from instructors most familiar with your academic work. Please note that McMaster University uses the Electronic Referencing System. By entering the email address of your referee through the online application, the system will automatically send an e-Reference request on your behalf. If for some reason you are unable to use the Electronic Referencing System, you can download the reference form here (PDF).
- Transcripts - upload your transcript(s) to your online application - we will only review applications that have transcripts attached to them. Students who accept an offer will need to provide official transcripts sent directly from the issuing institution (or a certified/notarized copy of it). If the final transcript does not show that a completed degree has been conferred, an official/notarized copy of your diploma is also required.
- Statement of interest - upload to your online application. A one page summary describing the area of Mathematics & Statistics that you wish to study. This statement helps faculty members identify prospective graduate students for their program.
- TOEFL score - if English is not your native language, an official copy of your TOEFL or IELTS score. For TOEFL a minimum score of 92 (iBT) 580 (paper), or 237 (computer test) is required. For IELTS a minimum overall score of 6.5 and a minimum of 5.5 in each section of the Academic test click here for more details.
- Your non-refundable $100 application fee must be paid by credit or debit card.
- For full consideration applications must be submitted with all documentation attached by February 1, 2018
Due to the volume of applications we do not respond to emails regarding the status of applications.
It is your responsibility to check the status of your on-line application.
Any required documents should be sent to:
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
1280 Main Street West
L8S 4K1 Canada
For questions related to the application procedure, please contact our Graduate Team